The only way we can advance the common good is to work together. United Way of Hancock County has a long history of taking the initiative to address an emerging need. We recognize the value of collaborating with other organizations to bring positive change to our community. Here are just a few examples of our community efforts:
Findlay Young Professionals
Hancock County Community Gardens
Bridges Out of Poverty
Hancock County 2-1-1
A county-wide information helpline
Free Tax Clinics
Assisting low to moderate income families with free tax preparation, helping them apply for Earned Income Tax Credit and other federal benefits.
Hancock Area Transportation Services
In 1995 United Way initiated and facilitated discussions among a group of community leaders and local organizations related to addressing the growing need for a public transportation system in Findlay and Hancock County? Those discussions eventually led to the development of the Hancock Area Transportation Collaborative and what is now the Hancock Area Transportation System (HATS). Operated by the Community Action Commission, the HATS system provided 43,618 trips to low and moderate income Hancock County residents last year – most of those to medical appointments and employment.
Ohio Benefit Bank
The Ohio Benefit Bank (OBB) is a web-based computer program to connect low and moderate-income Ohioans with access to work supports such as tax credits and public benefits.When United Way of Hancock County saw that this program was under-utilized, we partnered with HHWP Community Action and others to bring the OBB to Hancock County.
Other Collaborative Efforts
- Awakening Minds Art
- Bridges Out of Poverty/Hancock County Guiding Coalition
- Community Gardens of Hancock County
- The Community Partnership
- Crime Prevention Association
- ECLIPSe (Emerging Community Leaders Investing in Philanthropic Service)
- Family First Council
- Flood Relief/Long Term Recovery Committee
- Free Tax Clinics/Earned Income Tax Credit
- Hancock County Coordinating Council
- Hancock County Dental Center Advisory Board
- Hancock County Home Builders Association
- Hancock County’s Promise...Growing Great Kids
- Housing Consortium
- No Wrong Door Committee
- Ohio Benefit Bank
- Project 1Matters
- Transportation Advisory Council
- University of Findlay Campus Compact
United Way is not just a funder. Your support allows United Way to serve as a convener and community problem solver. United Way constantly assesses community needs and emerging community challenges, and gets the right people and organizations to the table to identify and implement solutions. That’s what it means to LIVE UNITED.