The following application is a combined application for your membership to the Community Gardens of Hancock County and free enrollment into the Men’s and Women’s Garden Club of Findlay for the 2018 calendar year.
FEES: Please note that the Community Gardens has adopted a participation fee of $20 with partial refund at the end of the season. The fee is waived for those who are receiving any type of assistance.
I am interested in having a garden plot at the Community Gardens of Hancock County (CGHC). By completing and submitting the form, and if selected, I agree to the following:
- Pay the participation fee of $20. (Keep in mind that a refund of 50% of your deposit fee will be given at the end of the season for those who remain and clean up their plot by October 21, 2018.) Once you complete the application, you will be sent a link to pay your fee online. Or, you can send a check to United Way of Hancock County, 245 Stanford Pkwy. Findlay, Ohio 45840.
- Attend one of the CGHC orientation meetings. Date and location TBD. If I cannot attend, I will arrange a meeting with the garden coordinator. Fees can be paid at this time and checks made out to Halt Hunger Initiative c/o UWHC – memo CGHC or community gardens.
- Abide by the CGHC Guidelines. Click here to print guidelines.
- Keep my plot and the pathways adjacent to it well- maintained.
- Plant only plants approved by the CGHC. Invasive perennials (mint, horseradish, etc.)are not allowed.
- Notify the garden coordinator immediately if I cannot maintain my plot for any reason during the growing season.
- Begin gardening in my CGHC plot only after plots have been officially assigned and staked out and opening day announced. (Late April or Early May)
- Clear my CGHC plot of all non-organic materials (fencing, string, wire, stakes, cages, plastic, etc.) and remove all large or woody plant debris to the specified area no later October 21, 2018. I understand that if my CGHC plot is left in a condition unsuitable for plowing I may forfeit the partial refund and the right to garden with the CGHC in the future.
- Observe any site specific guidelines established by the garden coordinator/steward.
- Accept that the CGHC project or its organizers/funders assume no liability for personal injury or property damage in the gardens.
To register, complete this online form or print this web page, save it to your computer and email it to email@example.com.
You may also visit the following locations and pick up a paper copy and send or take it to:
United Way of Hancock County
245 Stanford Pkwy
Findlay, Ohio 45840
Locations: Ohio State Extension Office (7868 CR 140), The Family Center (1800 N. Blanchard St.), Christian Clearing House (1800 N. Blanchard St.), Associated Charities (1800 N. Blanchard St.), and United Way of Hancock County (245 Stanford Pkwy).